The power socket / DC Power sockets inside laptops are very fragile and easily broken. A broken or faulty power socket can explain why your laptop has no sign of life. Drop it into our workshop and we can diagnose it in 5 minutes. Laptop power socket charging problems are resolved within 48 hours often much sooner.
Please select this repair If your laptop not charging when plugged in or stopped working and no power is going through. laptop power problems are usually caused by a faulty DC jack, power socket or damaged power connector pin, which keeps your laptop from recharging or powering up.
laptop power connectors can become broken or work loose when the power cable is inadvertently tugged or repeatedly pulled, as this places a strain on the dc power socket which can eventually cause damage. North West PC Doctors specialises in repairing laptop power connector and broken DC jack problems.
Why would you need Laptop charging connector/ power socket repair service
- The laptop won’t power up or charge unless the lead is held in one position.
- The laptop will not charge the battery
- If the power lead is wiggled it makes or losses contact.
- The laptop only runs on battery power.
- The pin in the centre of the jack is loose, pushed in, broken, misplaced or missing.
- The whole connector is loose, pushed in, broken, misplaced or missing.
- Intermittent charging or battery wouldn’t charge.
- You push the cable of the power adapter in order to make your laptop work on AC current
- Sometimes when power is connected sparks come out or smells of burnt out.
- The battery charge light (LED) flickers when the tip of the AC adapter is moved.
- Battery charge light wouldn’t come on (lights up) when power is connected.
- Screen flickers between bright and dim when the tip of the charger is moved.
- Broken from excessive pressure applied when plugging in or someone has tripped over the power lead or laptop dropped down and fallen on the connector while plugged in.